The 6th Annual iCAN TRI Triathlon is scheduled for Sunday, July 16th, 2017.
This year’s race will host the USAT Southwest Region Youth & Junior Championship and the inaugural USAT Southwest Region Youth Triathlon Series Championship. Adult age group Super Sprint and Sprint. The Youth race will be open to participants ages 6-19 with (4) divisions. The F1, draft legal, developmental race is for participants ages 12-18. This is a spectacular venue, featuring outstanding courses for each division. It’s a perfect venue to experience your first triathlon, or challenge a previous PR. The swim complex has (2), 50-meter pools for short and long course swimming. The bike courses are closed to traffic to keep all participants safe. The bike and run courses are scenic and fast courses. Finisher medals will be given to each participant crossing the finish line. Individual awards will be presented to the top (5) finishers in each one-year youth age group 6-12 and the top (3) finishers in each one-year junior age group 13-19. Individual awards will be presented to the top (3) finishers in each 10-year adult age group divisions. The race will be chip timing with T1 and T2 splits.
2017 USA Triathlon Southwest Region Youth Championship Triathlon Series
Series standings can be found HERE
Who: Open to all kids 7-15 years old (USAT age on 12/31 of the current year) USAT youth annual membership required at race sign up or at usatriathlon.org/membership
Why: Be a USA Triathlon Southwest Region Youth Champion!
- Do two or more USA Triathlon sanctioned youth races in the series to be eligible for series awards.
- Earn 1 point for finishing each race. Earn 2 points for finishing youth regional championship race.
- Top 5 places per age group (7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-15) male and female in each series race get additional points as follows: 1st-5 points, 2nd-4 points, 3rd-3 points, 4th-2 points, 5th-1 point.
- Series point standings in each age group will be posted after each series race.
- Top 5 highest total series point winners in each male and female age group are USA Triathlon Southwest Region Youth Champs!
- Series awards will be presented at the USAT-SW Regional Youth Championship race following the race awards. If unable to attend series award ceremony, awards can be mailed by sending the winners name and address and $10 for shipping and handling payable to: Todd Waldner, 8839 N. Cedar Av. PMB-41, Fresno, CA.
|April 15||Firebolt Youth Tri||Sierra Vista, AZ|
|May 7||Spring Sprint Triathlon||San Diego, CA|
|May 21||San Diego Family Retro Tri & Kids Splash & Dash (Participation points only)||San Diego, CA|
|June 3||Deuces Wild Youth Tri||Show Low, AZ|
|July 16||iCAN Tri Triathlon – USAT-SW Region Youth Championship Triathon Series||Fresno, CA|
2017 Regional Youth & Junior Championship
|Olympic Championship||Auburn International Triathlon||May 21, 2017||Auburn, CA|
|Youth (15 & Under) Championship||iCAN Tri-Sprint Triathlon||July 16, 2017||Clovis, CA|
|Junior Championship||iCAN Tri-Sprint Triathlon||July 16, 2017||Clovis, CA|
|Duathlon Championship||Pacific Coast Duathlon||September 10, 2017||Laguna Beach, CA|