Fields marked with an * are required
We are a 501c.3. Community Benefit Organization and welcome the opportunity for you to become involved to further the Mission and Vision of iCAN Junior Triathlon Club. Here are some ways you can help: Individuals Donate Financially – one time, monthly or quarterly • Enroll your child in our club • Become an assistant coach •Volunteer – your time, talents or professional services • Purchase iCAN merchandise and apparel • Donate equipment
Business and Corporate Donate Financially – one time, monthly or quarterly • Volunteer – your professional services • Purchase • Donate equipment • Become a Sponsor
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Thank you for your interest in iCAN Junior Triathlon Club Volunteer Services Program. Volunteer placement with our organization is based on the skills, interest and abilities of the applicant as well as the needs of our individual departments. Volunteering is not meant for the sole purpose of job/career training, nor is it meant to lead to paid employment within iCAN Junior Triathlon Club. REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Must be age (14) or older (minor ages 14-17 require parental consent)
- Must be willing to commit to at least one hundred (100) hours of service
- Completed application packet (forms 1-4) must be submitted prior to selection for an interview with a Volunteer Services Staff Member.
- If an interview is granted, completion of the interview process does not guarantee placement into the iCANJunior Triathlon Club Volunteer Services Program.
- If selected, attend and complete a mandatory Volunteer Orientation or specific training necessary for your position in the organization.
- Pass a background check when applicable (We are required by law to inform you that we may conduct criminal background checks on all adult applicants. This law also requires us to provide written notice that a background check will be conducted and upon conclusion of the background check, a copy of the results will be provided to the applicant, if requested in writing.)
- Prior to placement as an iCAN Junior Triathlon Club volunteer, each applicant is required to attend a Volunteer Orientation and any necessary additional training specific to your area of service.
- You may be issued materials for your specific department or area of service. These materials are on loan to you and MUST be returned prior to your departure from this organization.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE To apply online, please complete the online Volunteer Application below. At you first day of volunteering please bring a copy of your drivers license or legal photo ID. If an application is selected a staff member will contact you to schedule an interview. Please keep in mind that the review process and waiting period may take as much as thirty (30) days.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT WITH PARENTAL CONSENT ("AGREEMENT")
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in any event ("Activity") at any time during the current calendar year I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of the Activity and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I further agree and warrant that if, at any time, I believe the conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) THIS ACTIVITY INVOLVES RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH ("Risks"); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS or SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation ,or that of the minor, in the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the sanctioning organization(s), their administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, officials, rescue personnel, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of Premises on which the Activity is conducted, (each of the forgoing shall be considered one of the RELEASEES herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may be incurred as the result of such claim.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM OVER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE, AND I INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
School Volunteers Only
Personal Reference #1
Personal Reference #2
Consent for Emergency Medical Treatment
I, the undersigned parent or legal guardian of the child indicated above, minor iCAN Junior Triathlon Club personnel to obtain medical treatment or supervision deemed necessary for my child. It is understood that this authorization is given in advance of any specific diagnosis, treatment or hospital care being required. It is understood every effort shall be made to contact the undersigned prior to rendering treatment, but treatment will not be withheld if the undersigned cannot be reached. This authorization is given pursuant to the provisions of section 25.8 or the Civil Code of California.
Video and Photographic Release
give my permission for ICAN Junior Triathlon Club to photograph, video and/or audio record for media use and publications.
give my permission for the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibition, broadcast, transfer to other mediums and/or distribution of said photograph, audio or video, in whole or in part without limitation.
Believing that iCAN Junior Triathlon Club, Inc. has need of my services as a Volunteer, I agree to:
Hold as absolutely confidential all information which I may hear or receive directly or indirectly concerning the training, training plans, participants, parents, business information, other staff, employees or any volunteer and will not seek out confidential information in regards to the same. My services are donated to iCAN Junior Triathlon Club, Inc. without contemplation of compensation or future employment and given with humanitarian or charitable reasons.
CONSENT FOR MINOR (under age 18) TO PARTICIPATE IN VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
a minor, to participate in volunteer activities with iCAN Junior Triathlon Club, Inc. as may be directed by the organization and staff. We release iCAN Junior Triathlon Club, Inc. from any claim or liability for any injury or illness resulting to said minor while participating in such volunteer activities, not occasioned by any fault or neglect on the part of the Club or the staff. I understand and accept the requirements as set forth, and give my permission and assistance in reinforcing the rules and regulations for my child to serve as a volunteer. (Liability Release must be signed and accompany this Document)
AUTHORIZATION OF PARENTAL CONSENT TO TREATMENT OF MINOR
a minor, do hereby authorize iCAN Junior Triathlon Club, Inc. as agent(s) for undersigned to consent to any x-ray examination, anesthetic, medical or surgical diagnosis or treatment and hospital care which is deemed advisable by and is to be rendered at the office of said physician or at said hospital. It is understood that this authorization is given in advance of any specific diagnosis, treatment or hospital care being required, but is given to provide authority and power on the part of our aforesaid agent(s) to give specific consent to any and all such diagnosis, treatment or hospital care which the aforementioned physician in the exercise of his best judgment may deem advisable. The authorization is given pursuant to the provisions of Section 25.8 of the Civil Code of California. (Medical History form must be completed and submitted with this Document) This authorization shall remain effective until the volunteer's 18th birthday unless sooner revoked in writing delivered to said agent(s).